Associate Director for Regional Organizing
OutFront Minnesota's Associate Director for Regional Organizing is responsible for leading a team of regional organizers to build powerful teams of grassroots leaders to win state and local issue campaigns and elect progressive candidates. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to and love for community organizing as a means to build power and fulfill OutFront's mission to create a state where all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are free to be who they are, love who they love, and live without fear of violence, harassment or discrimination.
On a day-to-day basis this position will supervise and develop a diverse team of regional organizers, traveling regularly to provide on the ground support for Greater MN organizers. This position will report to the Organizing Director, and work closely with the Political Director and Associate Directors for Policy and Faith and the Youth Organizer.
- Supervision: Supervise regional organizers on a day-to-day basis, providing individual and team coaching and skill building, traveling regularly to work with Greater MN organizers.
- Staff development: Develop organizing staff skills and capacity to ensure that organizers meet workplan goals to develop and win state and local campaigns.
- Program integration: Work closely with OutFront's Associate Directors for Policy and Faith, and with OutFront's Youth Organizer, to integrate people of faith, youth, and coalition members with regional organizing.
- Campaign planning: Participate in campaign and program planning, taking into account long-term organizational strategies and campaign goals.
- Expanding relationships: Deepen existing relationships and organizing in communities of color and the trans community
- Development: Support the growth of a strong and diverse funding base through grassroots fundraising, fundraising events, and grant writing.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop leaders and leadership teams, build and execute campaign plans, and work successfully with coalitions.
- Minimum of 4 years community organizing experience in organizing in community- based, electoral, coalition, or other contexts to develop leaders, meet goals, and win campaigns.
- Minimum of 2 years experience supervising full-time organizers to develop leaders, write and execute campaign plans, and meet workplan goals.
- Experience building relationships and working at the intersections of identity and culture (e.g. race, class, gender/gender identity, sexuality, geography, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; willingness to be direct and transparent with both celebration and tensions.
- Highly qualified candidates will be creative, flexible, optimistic, curious, grounded, collaborative, independent and reflective.
- Ability to work regular evenings and weekends as well as travel in and around Greater Minnesota during the workweek. Travel will include 4-6 overnights per month.
OutFront Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women
Salary is competitive and dependent on experience. Health, vacation and other benefits are offered to all full time employees
To apply: Send resume, cover letter and 3 references as PDF documents to Michelle Dibblee, Organizing Director, at email@example.com. Please use the phrase "Associate Director for Regional Organizing" in the subject line. No calls please. Posting will close October 14 2013.